HPI Trophy 3.5 RTR Buggy (2.4GHz)
The HPI Trophy range of off-road racers has been updated with the latest in 2.4GHz radio technology, waterproof servos and a waterproof receiver & battery compartment! That's right: one of our most popular nitro kits ever now has been upgraded to make it a performer just about anywhere!
The Trophy 3.5 buggy is the perfect way to get into nitro 1/8 buggies! Rallycross buggies are one of the biggest racing classes around the world, and it's still growing fast! This kit has got everything you need for anything you want to do. For bashing fun and big-air stunts, it has a durable aluminium chassis, braces and shock towers, and for race track performance and tuning the Trophy is equipped with a powerful race-legal Nitro Star F3.5 (.21 cubic inch) HPI engine, HB Proto design racing tyres, oil-filled shocks, turnbuckles and plenty of tuning adjustment possibilities.
In addition to being race-bred and ready for track action, the updated Trophy 3.5 looks great, too. The sleek aerodynamic racing bodyshell features a brand new paint design, and the HB Proto tyres are wrapped around cool black chrome Edge 7-spoke wheels. The rear wing isn't just for looks, either - it gives the Trophy loads of downforce and control in the air. To top everything off, we've updated the anodizing of the shock caps, wheel nuts and more to HPI-spec bright orange!
Want to tackle that muddy bug? How about that stream crossing? A bit of rain about to fall? That's all fine for the Trophy!
The Trophy 3.5 now features a cool waterproof electronics compartment for the receiver and receiver batteries and a pair of HPI SF-10W waterproof servos and finally a water-resistant air filter cover that allows you to keep running the Trophy 3.5 in truly extreme conditions!
Please note: This HPI vehicle is designed to provide water protection so it can be driven in wet conditions (e.g. rain, snow, puddles). Not for submersion. Nitro engines are splash protected and require extra care when running in wet conditions. See manual for details.
2.4GHz RADIO SYSTEM
All of the latest HPI kits are now fitted with a comfortable and feature-packed HPI 2.4GHz radio system for supreme control and confidence! The radio features a pistol-grip design with drop-down steering wheel, 3 channel functionality, easy carry handle, fold-down aerial, end point adjustments, servo reversing and steering dual rate. It's also extremely lightweight due to it requiring only four AA batteries.
You won't have to worry about radio crystals or what channel other RC racers are using with our 2.4GHz technology - the radio does all that work for you! The radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically and changes channels if there is any interference. Finally, if you ever lose radio signal or battery power, an electronic failsafe will bring it to a safe and controlled stop. You'll have professional-level control in one easy RTR package!
Nitro Star F3.5 engine
The Nitro Star F3.5 engine provides the grunt needed to get the Trophy 3.5 buggy up to wild speeds - it's loud, it's powerful and it's strong, so you'll be able to rip off huge stunts like record-setting long jumps, backflips, tall jumps, even double backflips! The engine is started by a simple pullstarter system and is protected by a unique water splash cover and 2-stage air filter for extra protection, and the two-needle carburretor allows you to fine-tune the performance for any kind of weather or fuel.
One added benefit of the Nitro Star F3.5 is that it's a race-legal .21-size engine, which means you can drop down to your local track or club and enter in a race as soon as you open the box!
- 2.5 horsepower on tap
- Race-legal .21 engine size
- True ABC construction for long life
- Composite carb construction helps prevent heat vaporization of fuel
- Finned aluminium case
- Huge aluminium heatsink
- Tough pullstarter fitted standard
- 2-stage air filter for extra engine protection
- Splash cover over air filter keeps the engine from getting flooded with water in wet conditions
- 2-needle carb adjustment for fine-tuning
On the inside, the F3.5 has true ABC construction, with a chrome-plated brass piston and cylinder surrounded by the lightweight aluminium case. To get you going quickly, the F3.5 uses a pullstarter system, and a large opening on the underside of the chassis allows you to utilise a starter box for even faster engine starting. If you want to upgrade to simple engine starting, just install the #87130 HPI Roto Start 2 engine starting system for push-button engine starting!
PERFORMANCE STRAIGHT FROM THE BOX
HPI makes it as easy as possible to get into RC racing action. The RTR Trophy 3.5 buggy is completely pre-built and ready to go right out of the box! Everything is assembled and tuned for you by professionals - diffs, shocks, suspension and more are perfect before you even open the package. You don't have to do a thing to get going fast!
HPI Ready-To-Run vehicles bring you the same high performance and quality that you'd expect from a high end RC kit but with the added convenience of being factory pre-assembled to the highest standards - giving you a high performance RC car straight from the box!
FULL ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
Just like all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your car for maintenance and easy servicing. The manual also includes a handy parts list and full-scale drawings of the parts and hardware. And the included HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
- Factory-assembled & pre-painted 4WD nitro racing buggy
- 2.4 GHz radio system for crystal-free, comfortable control
- Waterproof receiver/battery box protects battery and receiver from the elements
- Waterproof laydown steering servo for low CG and awesome handling
- Waterproof throttle/brake servo
- Covered air filter keeps water away from the air intake
- Low centre of gravity (CG) design for great track performance
- Strong and reliable Nitro Star F3.5 engine with 2.5hp
- Strong engine mount and large flywheel opening for starter boxes
- Easy and simple pullstarter for instant action
- 4mm 6061 aluminium chassis has angled sides for extra stiffness
- Thick 6061 aluminium shock towers are strong and durable
- Thick steering brace for increased chassis stiffness
- Low-profile aluminium radio tray securely mounts servos
- Race-tuned suspension design for awesome traction
- Extra-long, oi-filled shocks with aluminium shock bodies
- Multiple shock and camber link locations for extra race tuning
- Steel turnbuckle links allow you to custom-tune the ride
- Tough front bumper protects against crash damage
- Extra-large 160cc fuel tank gives you plenty of runtime
- Powerful, adjustable & vented front and rear steel disk brakes
- Strong fibre brake pads for longevity and fade resistance
- HB Proto tyres look fantastic on black chrome wheels
- Intelligent fuel line routing to keep things neat and tidy
- Cast aluminium steering knuckles for increased strength
- 17mm hex hubs resist stripping out and are hollow for light weight
- Slick racing bodyshell is prepainted and cut out for instant race looks
- Adjustable mounts for the wide racing wing
- Extra suspension mounts included for tuning options